What U.S.-Based Providers Need to Know
A National, Web-based Seminar
May 12, 2010
This is a two-hour and 12 minute web-based seminar for U.S.-based clinicians and others who provide services to foreign-born patients at risk for TB. The recording consists of a 117-minute presentation followed by a 15-minute question and answer session.
CME and CE units are not being offered for this recording and there is no participant evaluation
To enhance learning, open and print handouts before viewing presentation.
- Microsoft Office Runtime Active X (You will be prompted to install)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 5 or higher for viewing PDF handouts.
- Play Recording (HTML&XML)
If you get the message "Your web browser does not support playback of LiveMeeting recordings" please open using 32-bit Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Unedited Transcript (PDF 290 KB)
- Faculty List - Global TB (PDF 79 KB)
Slide Presentation Handouts
- Overview of Issues
Deborah Sodt, R.N., M.P.H., P.H.N.(PDF 500 KB)
- TB Screening for the Foreign-born in the U.S.
Randall Reves, M.D., M.Sc.(PDF 1022 KB)
- TB Among the Foreign-born in the U.S
Kevin Cain, M.D.(PDF 87 KB)
- TST and IGRA Interpretation, Including the Effect of BCG
Richard Menzies, M.D.(PDF 446 KB)
- Tuberculosis Diagnosis Across the Globe
Jennifer Flood, M.D., M.P.H.(PDF 148 KB)
- Making Appropriate TB Treatment Decisions for Foreign-born Patients
Philip Hopewell, M.D.(PDF 152 KB)
- Cultural Issues and Adherence
Edward Zuroweste, M.D.(PDF 473 KB)