An Online Presentation
- Describe the global and national epidemiology of MDR and XDR-TB
- Describe the development of drug-resistant TB
- List the general principles of treatment of MDR and XDR-TB
- Discuss the challenges in managing contacts of MDR and XDR-TB cases
- Identify resources for education, training, and expert consultation on management and treatment of MDR and XDR-TB
About the Speaker: Gisela Schecter, MD, MPH
Dr. Schecter is an internationally recognized MDR-TB expert. She is a consultant at the Curry International TB Center and the California State Department of Public Health. She has worked at San Francisco General Hospital and UCSF for many years and served as the TB Controller for San Francisco from 1984-1996, spearheading the TB/HIV collaboration during the emergence of the HIV epidemic. She has published articles on MDR-TB treatment, TB and HIV, and TB skin testing.
Problems with Audio?
To listen to the presentation, you will need Windows Media Player or RealPlayer. If you experience difficulties with the audio, please consult the technical requirements section.